The S2A Sustainability Strategic Plan addresses the need to build on the success of the S2A Sport Mobility project through a series of concrete recommendations and priority actions to be implemented.
It aims to create the conditions to achieve the following for the sector:
- Enhancing the capacity building of sport organisations and promoting sustainable organisations with a well-equipped workforce of paid staff and volunteers
- Making learning mobility a reality in the sector
- Demonstrating the benefits of such learning experiences on individuals, sport organisations and the sport sector
- Continuing to foster international cooperation and encouraging transnational initiatives
- Enabling sport to reach its recognised potential and influence societal changes
Sustainability in the context of a short-term transnational project such as S2A Sport Mobility refers to the continuation of the project’s goals, principles and methods to achieve its desired outcomes beyond the funded period. Only through the sustainability of the project’s aims and the application of its principles, processes and what has been learned, can the desired long-term impacts of the project be achieved.
In relation to the S2A Sport Mobility project, the legacy and sustainability of the project’s innovative approach will help to achieve the desired benefits to education and workforce development in the field of sport administration in the medium and long term for the benefit of the whole field of sport and citizens participation both nationally and across Europe as a whole.
Clear actions for the S2A partners and whole sport sector are laid out under the following themes in the Sustainability Strategic Plan:
>> THEME 1: CONTINUING, BROADENING AND IMPROVING THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND MOBILITY OF SPORT ADMINISTRATORS ACROSS NATIONAL BOUNDARIES
>> THEME 2: BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE NETWORK OF SPORT ADMINISTRATORS AND GOOD PRACTICE EXCHANGES ACROSS EUROPE
>> THEME 3: EXTENDING THE SCOPE AND RESOURCING OF LEARNING MOBILITY TO OTHER COUNTRIES